[TYPO3-english] Upgrade from Typo3 4.3 to 4.3 problem

Karl Wallace karl.wallace at roomthree.com
Wed Jul 7 15:03:13 CEST 2010

Thanks for the tip Dmitry

I'm reasonably comfortable with PHP so I added that function call (to the
class.t3lib_page.php file), then tried to make sense of all the output
generated. The debugging is the difficult part for me as I'm not that
familiar with it and I wasn't sure what to look for.

A question. Should the last few lines of the backtrace generally indicate
the problem area, or could the problem be anywhere within the output?

Anyway, I changed the "die" command in class.t3lib_page.php to echo so I
could see if the output for the custom extension was being generated, and it
was. I narrowed the problem down to a couple of tt_news plugins that
exisited in a content area that I had configured for use with
kb_tv_content_slide.

When i removed the content slide code from the DS XML the error
dissappeared.
I no longer need the tt_news plugins in this area so this is a workaround
for me, at least temporarily. I could not replicate this problem on any
other installation however, so I'm not sure if it's a bug.

So here are the typo3 and extension versions involved in case anyone else
runs into this issue.

Typo3 4.3.3 (source recently upgraded from 4.2.12)
Templavoila 1.4.2 (problem also occurs with 1.4.4)
KB TV Content Slide 0.4.3
tt_news 3.0.1 (problem also occurs with 2.5.2)

If there are any other developents I'll post back here

Thanks again.

Karl

news:mailman.1.1278485830.25348.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...