[TYPO3-english] FE edit not working in IE8 (and BE difference in Page Module)

Heath Kouns hkouns at vt.edu
Fri Jul 2 00:33:28 CEST 2010

The majority of this content is from a posting that I made on the W.E.C.
forum... I decided to post it here in hopes of getting a bit broader
coverage. I have found a couple interesting things. I will describe them
below but please also view the linked file for clarification.

Before proceeding let me present a bit of background: A few months ago, I
had the core of my site upgraded to Version 4.3 becasue I wanted the new FE
edit capability. Next,I wanted to update the Templating scheme to the new
skins approach using Templavoila Framework.  I waited around for a while
hoping for a bit more information on TV Framework to be posted to the Manual
in the Typo3.org repository. Finally, about a month ago, I decided to jump
in and make the switch using info on the BusyNoggin site. I have gotten the
majority of the content mapped over and, for the most part, things seemed to
be working ok.

In an attempt to get the FE edit (feeditadvanced)  working the way that I
thought it should, I downloaded the lated WEC starter package and installed
it locally... Next I compared the functionality between the Local
installation and my online installation
(www.GSBCfamily.org<http://www.gsbcfamily.org/>)
I observed several differences which I have listed below.  I have also
posted a PDF file illustrating the differences which may help your
understanding. (
http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/forum/attachments/att7/)

1) LOGIN OPTION: I do not have the Backend/Frontend option when I login to
the GSBC site. (pg 1) even though "About Typo3" says I am running 4.3.3. Is
there an option to enable this? If so, where?

2) DRAG/DROP capability in BE PAGE MODULE: I have very few differences in
the extensions on the GSBC site versus the local install. In fact, I am
running a slightly later version on a few extensions. (pg4-6) However, I do
not have the tabbed view in Page Module nor the Drag and Drop functionality.
(pg2&3) Does anyone have any insight on how I can fix this difference and
add the Drag/Drop ability to GSBCfamily.org site? Does anyone have any
comments on the diffences between extensions?

3) FE EDIT: This is by far the biggest suprise! I was unable to edit the
either the local WEC installation, or the GSBCfamily.org installation, in
the FE under IE8. They both work fine under Firefox. (see pages 7-12) Is
this a known condition? Any thoughts on how to remedy this?  I have looked
at the SVN site for feeditadvanced and I see where patches have been made to
fix IE8 issues in the past... but I do not see any recent activity.

Thanks so much for your help...

Best Regards,

Heath Kouns