[TYPO3-english] How to Compress CSS/JS components with gzip in 4.40 ?

Philippe Moreau philippe.moreau.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 20:05:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

This was puzzling me too so I tried it out and couldn't get it to work
either. The setting [FE][compressionLevel] does not seem to have any effect
on the frontend output (with zlib installed). I'm not too sure if this is a
bug or something I didn't do right.

However, you can achieve the same thing with the extension scriptmerger. It
works well and is fairly easy to set up. Just make sure you have the setting
['FE']['versionNumberInFilename'] set to nothing for it to work under 4.4.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Victor Livakovsky <v-tyok at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi
>

>  Would you be so kind to copy/paste th relevant section and post it as a
>>

> Sorry, I didn't read carefully your post and didn't noticem that you
> complain about FE compresssion.
> The changes are in BE compression.

Philippe Moreau