[TYPO3-english] LDAP authenticate on Active Directory with email -> How to ?

Marc Heckmann Marc.Heckmann at d-ploy.ch
Thu Jul 1 11:40:11 CEST 2010

Hello All,

Have somebody some information to do the necessary configuration or modification ?

Satus Now :
Used module -> fe_login + eu_ldap
Login  is running now with user account  (samaccountname) .

Active directory is configured to login with samaccountname and mail.

What and where must i modified to set that user could login in with email over fe_login and eu_ldap.

I have testing my first idea over a SQL Query like this -> Update "fe_users"  Set "username"="mail"

But naturally login doesn't running and Ldap new import or update doesn't running now.

Has somebody an idea how to do it ?

Ldap server in storage look like before modification on email :

Port :389
Ldap version : 3
Base DN : OU=UserGroup,OU=User,DC=MyDomaine,DC=local
Filter : (&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(samaccountname=<search>))
Type of LDAP server : Active Directory (Domain\User)
Domain : MyDomain
Use this server for : Frontend only

LDAP attribute holding the displayed user name : samaccountname

Active Options :
use standard implementation to assign users to groups - person:memberOf (AD) / person:groupMembership (NDS) / posixGroup:memberUid (OpenLDAP)

import only users with filled email address

Import groups from LDAP

Kind Regards,
Marc