[TYPO3-english] Error Not Acceptable on Click enlarged images

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 31 18:30:22 CET 2010

Hi,

Alwin Kruijt wrote:
> Dear all, I have a peculiar problem on one of my installs. Suddenly
> all images with the click enlarged option in the editor selected are
> displayed as Not acceptable. An appropriate representation of the
> requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

It says /showpic.php, but that is only a detail ;-)

Maybe your hosting provider updated some software which caused some
incompatibilities with this historical version of TYPO3.

> I mirrored the website to a serparate domain on the same webserver
> (http://seafoodplus.nl) to fiddle on. Upgrading from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0
> to 4.2.10 doesn't help except for screwing everything that needs
> upgrading like news and filedownload plugins and stuff.

It's best to upgrade in steps (3.7 -> 3.8 -> 4.0 -> 4.1 etc.). After
upgrading the source you should run the upgrade wizard and the database
compare option in the install tool.

This makes sure that database updates are performed correctly.

Updating extensions is probably part of the same game, since newer
version of TYPO3 require newer versions of extensions.

> gone. However so is 80% functionality because all plugins, templates
> etc. don't function or are no longer available in 4.2.10.

There will be old plugins which are no longer running with newer
versions of TYPO3. In many cases comparable functionality is available
in other (newer) plugins. It happens frequently that plugin authors stop
updating their applications...

> Anyone got a clue what is causing the error or were I can start the
> search? Paid help on a small budget is an option for me at this
> point.

It might be an idea to ask a company for a quote for updating this
installation. I don't think you will get many offers which will include
fixing lost functionality of obsolete extensions on a fixed price basis
though...

--
Jigal van Hemert.