[TYPO3-english] Saving pages in BE locks complete database

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:17:13 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-27 16:00:31 +0200, Christopher Lörken said:
> I've executed the statement again. It took ~ 11 seconds for a <200 rows
> table so it seems to have done something...

Well, technically it creates a copy of the table with records sorted in
the primary key order. Since InnoDB keeps indexes together with rows,
it will speed up both index usage and row searching without indexes.
When you convert tables from one engine to another, sorting does not
happen. Second execution makes it better.

That's short theory behind calling this statement for a second time.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.