[TYPO3-english] Alternative page rendering using tx_templavoila_pi1->main_record

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Tue Jan 26 11:52:18 CET 2010

Hi Dmitry,

> On 2010-01-26 11:26:10 +0200, Andre Dittmar said:
>> In my approach I try to override to normal page rendering with the
>> special method tx_templavoila_pi1->main_record, which should
>> fulfill exactly this requirement. In the end main_record() just
>> prepare the data, the method renderElement render each single
>> content element. Everything seems to be fine, but the method $this-
>> >markupObj- >mergeFormDataIntoTemplateStructure() returns nothing
>> (empty value).
>
> This method is not for pages. For pages you have to use main_page().

My thought was, that compared to main_page() the method main_record()
does provide the posibility to override the current DS/TO of the page
just return all records of a given table (e.g. tt_content). In the
default TO of the page, I would still have all the HTML-frame arround
the content. Now I just try to render only the content elements of a
given page.

Background: I use Tabs which loading the tab content via AJAX from
subpages. At the moment the whole page is loaded and the content is
cutted out with javascript. I would like to optimize the source file,
which means to me to rid of everything arround the content :-)

So as main_record doesn't work well, it might be a approach to
override $pageRecord['tx_templavoila_ds'] and
$pageRecord['tx_templavoila_to'] in main_page() with own values if
needed? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Andre