[TYPO3-english] Hide tabs on certain page type

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 13:46:59 CET 2010

Hi

> Normally I don't see an author field in shortcut pages :-)

It was just a quick example ;-)

> I tried TCEFORM.pages.starttime.types.4.disabled = 1 and on shortcut
> pages the start-field on the Access tab disappeared!

It does - I've looked for this same way to do that for a long time. I
think the explanation is quite unclear

"TCEFORM.[tablename].[field].types.[type] - configures the field in
TCEFORM in case the 'type'-value of the field matches type."

  as where it reads "'type'-value of the field matches type." I always
assumed it was referring to the [type]. Perhaps it should be changed to
read something along the lines of

"TCEFORM.[tablename].[field].types.[type] - configures the field in
TCEFORM in case the 'type'-value of the doktype field matches type."

Or can it be used in other ways that with just the doktype? Thoughts?