[TYPO3-english] Power Extension Manager: paypal buttons in backend

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 21 10:16:19 CET 2010

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> This is even more simple with GPL software because you are allowed to
> fork it and re-release it (als long as you leave copyright in tact). so
> I could just create an extension rvt_tt_news and voila, I have (some) of
> my income settled!!!
(...)
> So.... I like they idea to have some paypal buttons somewhere, but there
> is the problem of mis-use that needs to be solved.

I agree. Any form of abuse of such a feature should be thought about and
prevented.

Make it easy to find and contact the author (or his website where the
payment information can be shown), but too many pay-this-buttons are
also annoying to look at.

How do other OSS projects handle this? (Not that it is per se correct
the way they do it, but you might get inspiration...)

Regards, Jigal.