[TYPO3-english] usability drawbacks

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Tue Jan 19 10:19:44 CET 2010

You can do ALL the things through the List module and SOME of the things
through the Page module. Does it confuse normal editors? Yes, it does.
That's why I hide the Page module for normal editors and let them use
only the List module even though it might not be "inviting".

In my opinion, the problem of TYPO3 is that you can do one thing (let's
say edit page properties) in many ways. While this is fantastic for
experienced users, it's confusing for normal folks because they follow
the step-by-step approach when trying to achieve certain task and if
there are two or more ways, it confuses them.

Tomas Mrozek