[TYPO3-english] Help with WRAP please

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Fri Jan 15 18:57:54 CET 2010

Von:        Sara Weale <webmaster at llgc.org.uk>

> lib.videothing = CONTENT
> lib.videothing {
>
> wrap = <div class="movieBox"><span class="movieBlurb"> |
> &#187;</a></div>
>
> }

Hy Sara,

CONTENT is an array-Object, that means you've to note it like that:

POSSIBILITY 1:
-------------
lib.videothing = CONTENT
lib.videothing.10 {

     wrap = <div class="movieBox"><span class="movieBlurb"> |
&#187;</a></div>
     [...]
}

POSSIBILITY 2:
-------------
lib.videothing = CONTENT
lib.videothing.wrap = <div class="movieBox"><span class="movieBlurb"> |
&#187;</a></div>
lib.videothing.10 {
	[...]
}

POSSIBILITY 2 wraps the whole CONTENT, while POSSIBILITY 1 warps only
the subpart 10.

But now you still need any content which you marked in your wraps
already with "|" else perhaps you see the wrap in your html, but since
CONTENT is empty it's useless markup. I'm not quite sure if it's written
to the page when CONTENT is empty or missing completley.

You can fetch the CONTENT for example by

lib.videothing.10 {
         table = tt_content
         select.orderBy = sorting
         select.where = colPos=0
         select.languageField = sys_language_uid
     }

"tx_YOUR_EXTENSION_pi1" sureley has to be replaced through the modulname
of a working extension.

Her it's all together:
----------------------
lib.videothing = CONTENT
lib.videothing {
     wrap = <div class="movieBox"><span class="movieBlurb"> |
&#187;</a></div>
     10 {
         table = tt_content
         select.orderBy = sorting