[TYPO3-english] R: odd / even classes for every second record

De Contardi Riccardo Riccardo.DeContardi at bhuman.it
Tue Jan 12 17:51:54 CET 2010

My humble opinion

I think that adding a lot of classes ("odd", "even", "first", "last") to elements is substantially an ugly way to do things, even though Typoscript allows you to do it with little effort (using optionSplit or other methods).

The most elegant way should be (for me)
- rely on CSS3 selectors (full separation of content from presentation) for the most advanced browsers
- use some javascript to handle the "sad child" Internet Explorer (I remember that for example DOJO can emulate most of the CSS3 selectors)

I repeat, there is nothing wrong using TS to accomplish this task... Hey... you can even get rid of it with ease the day that every browser will support css 3!

Riccardo De Contardi

B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it
Via Canzio, 15 - 20131 Milano
Tel +39.02 20 23 271 - Fax +39.02 20 240 561