[TYPO3-english] odd / even classes for every second record

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Jan 12 15:52:09 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Peter Niederlag
Datum:       12.01.2010 14:47:
> Hello,
>
> JoH asenau schrieb:
>>> Just and idea for another means of doing it -as we know that all the
>>> odd and even item will have predefined numbers you could just do this
> [...]
>> And another one, that is using optionSplit for the same purpose:
>
> anyone in to do a performance comparison of the three approches
> (1,3,5,10,20 elements)?
>
> I'd really like to know. ;)
>
> JoH's approach seems to be the nicest one to me but I am not sure how it
> affects performance.
>
> Greets,
> Peter

You can't compare it directly as the optionSplit solution is not capable
to do a flexibel mxn Matrix. If we reduce it to a linear solution (as
required by the original poster) the counter-part of the register
solution isn't required.
By the way: I like "my" approach for learning as it shows so many
capabilities : Register, calculation, internal vars...
Joey's solution is just "plain tricky" optionsplit :-P

Peter.

--
loans that change lives http://www.kiva.org