[TYPO3-english] TYPO3-english, Beginner help needed!

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Mon Jan 11 11:28:25 CET 2010

W dniu 2010-01-11 11:08, les pat pisze:
> If my website is already running.
>
> My Domain:www.spedcrue.co.za/typo3/
>
> Tell me how do I even start editing my website.

   // Note Start
First of it all you shouldn't use typo3/ as the root directory for the
project as the typo3/ folder has a special meaning in this system it's
best idea is using domains/subdomains for each TYPO3 implementation.

Now you can go into your BackEnd with address
www.spedcrue.co.za/typo3/typo3/ (you did as I can see, cause default
password is changed) but if you'll decide to configure the friendly urls
with mod_rewrite and RealURL extension you can meet some problems with
that...

If is this still posibble configure the vhost ie.
http://project1.spedcrue.co.za to serve on this folder...
   // Note End

Next to get the fastest output just craete new page in PageTree, and
using Web->Teamplates module just create new TS template (with the
"Create template for new site" - without any predefined template) after
saving you'll see Hello World! text instead the error frame on the main
page...

Go to the link posted by Xavier and find Modern Template Building
tutorial to get closer with methods of TYPO3 templating...

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)

Polish TYPO3 Community Proud Member