[TYPO3-english] thumbs not generated in backend when files contain Chinese Character.

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Jan 11 11:24:21 CET 2010

Am 11.01.2010, 11:09 Uhr, schrieb Gideon So <gideonso at livingwater.org.hk>:

> 於 西元2010年01月11日 17:54, Steffen Gebert 提到:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>

>> No, as this is IMHO no TYPO3 bug.
>
> Ok. But it is strange that the security patch introduced this behaviour
> and we can not fix it in TYPO3?

It just uses a PHP function (which doesn't work correct in some
environments).

> Works like a Charm. But a lot of works to add this to all sites.

I would say (and also our provider admitted) that this is a wrong
configuration of Apache (or the whole operating system). Don't know, if
Apache has a setting for the locale. I fear not.

Could you change the locale of the OS to some chinese or utf-8 charset?

Steffen