[TYPO3-english] spell checking (medical)

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Sun Jan 10 21:24:13 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Yeah, we're considering that as an option.

I should have included a few more details in my initial email.

aspell is installed on our server.  It's configured to some degree with the HTMLRTE extension (as seen through extension manager).  I have added the spellcheck icon through TSConfig for the site. So when I open a Text type container I'm able to start spell checking - the window pops open.  However, that's pretty much as it gets.  Even though I had words that should caught as not spelled correctly (medical terms) the checker doesn't "work" (it's not doing what a typical check would).  I'm assuming I need to further configure it. So I'm hoping to find the documentation on how to do that.

Further, I'd imagine that what I really need to do (if we choose to use the Typo3 checker) is figure out if there is a medical dictionary for aspell (and then figure out how to install it).

If I could somehow figure out a way to get google tool bar spell checking loaded with a medical dictionary we'd probably just use that.  That was easy enough to get working but far too many words were caught as bad spelling.

thanks again,
doug