[TYPO3-english] thumbs not generated in backend when files contain Chinese Character.

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Jan 8 19:57:24 CET 2010

Gideon So schrieb:

> 	I found that thumbs are not generated in backend when files contain
> Chinese Character.I tried to rename file name to english and all the
> thumbs are generated correctly.
>
> 	It was all fine with 4.2.9. This problem only appears after I upgrade
> to 4.2.10.

Hello!

Which operating system are you using? And on what kind of filesystem are
those files located? Is the filesystem using utf-8 (or which codepage in
the case of vfat/ntfs?). Have you set your TYPO3 to forceCharset=utf-8 or
are you using simplified/traditional chinese charset (gb2312, big-5) ?

greets,
Bernhard