[TYPO3-english] Saving pages in BE locks complete database

Christopher Lörken lists at bytro.com
Mon Jan 4 16:52:35 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

we have the problem that saving anything like pages or page content in
the backend oftentimes results in complete database deadlocks. This
happens very reproducible when the page is under a load like 40-50
requests per second.

The databse queries which are not completing are very simple queries like:

   UPDATE pages SET nav_hide='1', fe_group='', tstamp='1262206116' WHERE
uid=150
or
   UPDATE pages SET SYS_LASTCHANGED='1262616926' WHERE uid=15

We do have to kill the mysqld in those cases since it will not come back
for several minutes so this is a severe problem for us.

This phenomenon is definitely connected to saving in the backend since
the server is running very smooth when we do not touch anything there.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be or how we could find
out more about it?

Best wishes,
Christopher