[TYPO3-english] Back-end module "pages" still rendered withtables

"Duch (aka. Grégory Duchesnes)" typo3 at ilomedia.net
Fri Feb 26 13:45:48 CET 2010

JoH,

I'm not a CSS expert so all apologies for any unaccuracy.

I like your approach of not re-inventing the wheel and adding unnecessary layers. The FE works perfectly as it is for me with a CONTENT and a select on the colPos field, so please don't change that ;-)
I'm really looking forward to have a look at your prototype.

I also think that your approach would be a perfect match with a project i'm in charge : Jetts
It is a very simple templating system that is a nice replacement for automaketemplate. We both have the same approach, not re-invent the wheel, therefore Jetts juste parses the template with xpath and passes it back to the standard Typoscript TEMPLATE object.
Have a look at it, but i think that your grid system for the BE + Jetts for the FE would be a killer app : http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-jetts
You'll find a nice tutorial in the manual and the code is self explanatory.

Greetings,
Duch