[TYPO3-english] Localisation problem after upgrade

szw at llgc.org.uk szw at llgc.org.uk
Wed Feb 24 22:02:05 CET 2010

Dear all, I hope you can help with a localisation problem.

We have the localisation setup as separate (as outlined below - this is
the way we have localised our content since our first Typo3 setup in
1997):

Versions:
Typo3 4.1.13
TV 1.1.0
PHP 4.3.2

Typoscript setup:

#Localisation of Languages

config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
config.language = en
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.locale_all= en_GB

config.index_enable = 1
config.index_externals = 1

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = cy
config.locale_all= cy_GB
[global]

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

TV Data Structure setup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<T3DataStructure>
	<ROOT type="array">
		<tx_templavoila type="array">
			<title>ROOT</title>
			<description>Select the HTML element on the page which you want to be
the overall container element for the template.</description>
		</tx_templavoila>
	</ROOT>
		<langDisable type="integer">0</langDisable>
</T3DataStructure>

Which in the TV page module looks like:
http://www.llgc.org.uk/llwytho/tvprob/tv_prob02.jpg

Since we have upgraded to 4.3.1, TV 1.4.1 and PHP 5.2 all our alternative
language content elements have lost vCY section although vDEF remain (as
outlined in a previous post) as shown in
http://www.llgc.org.uk/llwytho/tvprob/tv_prob01.jpg

I have not changed from separate to inherited content which would
obviously lose the localisation, so why has this happened?

Is there something in upgrading from TV 1.1.0 to 1.4.1 that has changed,
as default, this localisation setting?

This is the only thing I can think of that would trigger this loss of
localisation.

If anyone can help I would be most grateful as this is catastrophic for a
site which has thousands of pages of localised content.

Yours
Sara
--
Sara Weale
Rheolwr y We / Web Manager

Ffon/Phone: 01970 632845
Ebost/Email: webmaster at llgc.org.uk
http://www.llgc.org.uk/

Nid yw'r neges yma o reidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn y Llyfrgell.
This message does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Library.