[TYPO3-english] The "New Content Element Wizard" in version 4.3 => media & multimedia

Koen Van Nuffelen koen_typo3 at obiwebs.be
Wed Feb 24 03:33:09 CET 2010

Good evening list,

Today I mentioned that in Typo3 4.3.x in the new content element wizard
Media and /or Multimedia were not shown in the new content element wizard.
You first have to select another content element (ex. Text) and then in
page content -> general -> Type under Special you can select Media.
(In Typo3 4.2.x Multimedia was in the new content element wizard)

Then I remembered the great blog entry from Steffen Kamper:
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/steffen-kamper/article/the-new-content-element-wizard-in-version-43/

I tried to add media or/and multimedia CType in the Special tab:

#New content element wizard:
templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.renderMode = tabs

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.common.elements.multimedia{
	icon = gfx/c_wiz/multimedia.gif
	title = Multimedia
	description = Adds a multimedia element
	tt_content_defValues {
		CType = multimedia
	}
}

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.special.show :=
addToList(multimedia)

OR

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.common.elements.multimedia
{
	icon = gfx/c_wiz/multimedia.gif
	title =
LLL:EXT:cms/layout/locallang_db_new_content_el.xml:special_multimedia_title
	description =
LLL:EXT:cms/layout/locallang_db_new_content_el.xml:special_multimedia_description
	tt_content_defValues {
	CType = multimedia
	}
}

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.common.elements.media {
	icon = gfx/c_wiz/multimedia.gif
	title =
LLL:EXT:cms/layout/locallang_db_new_content_el.xml:special_media_title
	description =
LLL:EXT:cms/layout/locallang_db_new_content_el.xml:special_media_description
	tt_content_defValues {
	CType = media
	}
}

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.special.show :=
addToList(media,multimedia)

==> Neither of these worked.

Altough the next did work:

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.common.elements.header {
	icon = gfx/c_wiz/regular_text.gif
	title = Header
	description = Adds a header element only
	tt_content_defValues {
		CType = header
	}
}

templavoila.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.common.show :=
addToList(header)

I think I'm doing something stupidly wrong, but I can't find it. :-sss
Can somebody point me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,

Koen Van Nuffelen