[TYPO3-english] How to hide output of the t3lib_div::debug function?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 20 11:21:03 CET 2010

Michal Cygankiewicz wrote:
> I set [SYS][devIPmask] to my current IP adress. Unfortunately the output is visible for other IP also.
> When I set this to blank value (which should deny all) - the output is also visible.
>
> Should I set anything else (apart from [SYS][devIPmask]) to properly limit the output of t3lib_div::debug function.

You could use the global functions debug() and xdebug() which are
defined in config_default.php:

	// simple debug function which prints output immediately
function xdebug($var='',$br=0)
	// Debug function which calls $GLOBALS['error'] error handler if available
function debug($variable='', $name='*variable*', $line='*line*',
$file='*file*', $recursiveDepth=3, $debugLevel=E_DEBUG)

They take into account the settings of devIPmask (and call
t3lib_div::debug() themselves if appropriate).

--
Jigal van Hemert.