[TYPO3-english] beginner to plugin development

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Tue Feb 16 10:06:42 CET 2010

I would not be so sure about the best model for the future...

First impression about extbase and flow3 is they break completely any
cohoperative effort between graphics and developers.
We are doing a great job integrating advanced graphic and standard or
custom extension, respecting 100% graphics work and having complete
coding authonomy.
We integrate and/or change graphics templates "as are" in five minutes
(without changing a byte of graphics templates).
As far as I know, this is impossibile with extbase/fluid.

More, I read in some posts here that new caching framework is very very
slow and should be avoided.

So, I'm wondering if extbase and flow3 are very far from the Domain
Driven Design model and are simply driving to a useless Technology
Driven Design.

Tonino

Rens Admiraal ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I must say that this makes sense... We use extbase for a big project, but it sure does need some polishing, and does feel more like alpha than like a core extension... This is nothing negative against extbase / fluid or the kickstarter, but it sure does take a lot of time to overcome some challenges which you will certainly find on your path if you do complex things like extending tables for example...
>
> In my opinion extbase is really cool, but there is still work to do, but if you do find your way, you'll love it :-)
>
> For now: if you are a starting TYPO3 developer, please follow the documented ways... If you run into problems with extbase you'll need some TYPO3 knowledge to find your solution...
>
> @Dmitry: there is a kickstarter, but just not finished yet... But it is certainly useable for the modeling part!
>
> Greetz,
> Rens

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it