[TYPO3-english] Saving pages in BE locks complete database

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Feb 15 18:42:41 CET 2010

Von:        Christopher Lörken <lists at bytro.com>
Gesendet:   Montag, 15. Februar 2010 18:13:58

Hi Christopher,

> So, as far as I understand it, the problem is not that the page
> generation stops but that the database somehow freezes.

I didn't verify but understood explanations that all locking-functions
simply are php-based (instead of database-based).
The problem isn't the locking itselfe but that with "simple"
locking-configuration the lock isn't released and php waits without end
for that release.
Oliver Hader proposed to limit the locking related to PHP max-execution
but I suppose there weren't made any changes inside TYPO3 since I
reported that bug. Furthermore Olivers proposition perhaps doesn't fit
to all situations because some pages with large content need longer to
be cached and have to be reloaded to write the whole cache.

Try
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['lockingMode'] = 'semaphore' or 'disable'

If that fixes your problems I'd appreciate your feedback here.

Best Regards
David