[TYPO3-english] realurl and selector box menu / drop down menu

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 18:11:26 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Todi J <fcktodi at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> You are using a manually created link:
>>
>> wrap = <div><select name="dropdown_navi" size="1"
>> onChange="document.location.href='index.php?id=' +
>> this.value">|</select></div>
>>
>> How do you think should realURL handle or transform this link, when it's not
>> generated by TYPO3?
>>
>> Maybe you should check out the menu type JSMENU.
>> TSref is your friend.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Joey
>

> Many thanks - it works perfect!
>
> I am new to configuring TYPO3 and you have no idea how long time I have been puzzling with this.
>
> TSref might be my friend - but you are too!

Also, if for any reason JSMENU is not to your liking or doesn't suit
your requirements (e.g. if you want to use jQuery or Mootools etc to
handle the javascript, or you want optgroup items or something), it's
pretty easy to do using TMENU to generate the links:

http://www.typo3apprentice.com/blog/single/p/javascript-jump-menu-in-ts/

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/