[TYPO3-english] FE edit available only to the "main" site of a typo3 installation?

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Tue Feb 9 09:02:18 CET 2010

I want to use the edit panel and the FE editing functionality for
several sites on the same typo3 installation.

This works perfectly for the main web site of my installation with
page.config.admPanel = 1.

For all other sites accessible through a different domain, no edit panel
is shown and no editing can be done. The other domains are either under
the page tree of main site, or on a totally different pagetree.

This is the same with the new frontend edit introduced with typo 4.3 and
has also difference if the logged in BE user is admin or not.

How can this be enabled?

Stefanos