[TYPO3-english] Error installing static_info_tables extension

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Feb 3 00:12:09 CET 2010

Hi Sergio,

> When I try to install extension static_info_tables (needed for extension
> sr_language_menu) on an environment with TYPO3 4.3.1 and PostgreSQL 8.3
> (using dbal extension), the next error is displayed:
>
> ERROR: Query could not be parsed: "SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type
> unknown in parseFieldDef()!: near "uid (uid) "". Query: "ALTER TABLE
> static_countries ADD UNIQUE uid (uid);"
>
> Would you know what's happening?

That's a known bug of the SQL parser. It works fine when creating new tables but fails in some cases (such as yours) when analyzing existing tables and giving advices of which operations should still
be performed. You should simply ignore such ALTER statements (for additional keys) as they will most likely fail. Unselect those ALTER statements and perform other (useful) operations. This should work.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en