[TYPO3-english] Broken Introduction Package

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Thu Dec 30 11:37:20 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

Op Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:37:49 +0100, schreef Steffen Gebert:

>  > When - in my first try I added '/typo3/install' directly I didn't get
>  > the 123mode!
> IIRC it has always been this way. However.. why? Should be no huge
> problem to do the same check
>  > isempty(TYPO3_db) && isempty(TYPO3_db_host)
> and then redirect from install/index.php to itself with 123 parameter.

Tried it 2 times. I shall check one more time and if no 123mode comes
than I'll bugreport it.

>> 1/ after the message that dirs fileadmin and uploads should be
>> writeable you should chmod the dirs and REFRESH! If you hit 'continue'
>> then things go wrong. Better mention that users should refresh.
> Sure? What is "goes wrong"? You get empty pages in FE, when you don't
> give write permissions, but I never refreshed, but always directly hit
> continue.

Goes wrong = I tried hit 'continue' here before but
then the procedure goes wrong: no database selected. Even if you hir the
back button of your browser 1, 2 or 3 steps you still end up with the
same message: no database. You're stuck

I created an issue that instead a Recheck button should be
> shown to not continue, until permissions are correct.

Would be a good solution!

>> 2/ after install the nav menu links in in the FE don't work (on my
>> localhost install)
>>The requested URL /introductionpackage-4.5.0beta3/about-typo3/
> Is the .htaccess in place? This should not happen.

Yes '.htaccess' and '_htaccess' are on the root level of the file package.

> Now, and please don't see this as criticism or a lack of interest in
> your report: Do you want to take care of some parts? Especially in the
> Install Tool, tiny improvements could help a lot. One thing would be the
> mentioned redirect.

Of course that's no criticism. Problem: though I would love to learn it,
I'm not a developper... Can't write PHP code. Learning that will probably
not be for this lifetime anymore. ;>(
But if I can help in other domains: testing (usability),...

> The issue tracker of the Introduction Package project can be found here:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-introduction/issues

I'll check it out and make time to document more issues of propositions.

> Kind regards
> Steffen

Thanks for your answers!
Regards,