[TYPO3-english] cleanFileName at file upload

Mario Šargač sargac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 16:30:03 CET 2010

Hello,

has anyone experienced a problem with uploading of special characters
(umlauts, etc...) on Windows OS, while using UTF-8 db/filesystem Typo3
installation?

After I upload a file with umlaut it displays correct in Typo3 file
manager, but it has strange characters when browsing the folder with
Windows Explorer (file manager).

And after I create a file with spec. chars using Windows Explorer, there
are erroneous characters represented with a question mark when browsing
the folder with Typo3 file manager.

Is it possible by using some configuration or setup to have a consistent
file names no matter where I create a filename (using Typo3 file
manager, or Windows Explorer)?

Best,
Mario