[TYPO3-english] Empty Reference Index message -- but Index Integrity is perfect --- bug ???

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Tue Dec 28 11:46:24 CET 2010

hi,

i am trying to 'clone' a default install of t3 in the following way:

    * installed a fresh t3 4.4.5 on my server with a new mysql database
    * configured all the options in the install tool as i need them
    * installed all extensions i need (templavoila, srlanguagemenu, ...)
    * installed two website languages (fr, de)
    * created a couple of users
    * set up my login page with chloginskin

i now have a blank install with no pages but with all the options i
commonly need for deploying a new t3 site

- i then compressed the whole install folder into a tar.gz
- i then exported the databse to a .sql file

so now instead of having to go through a full upload/install/config
routine i can just untar the folder into a webroot, import the database
into phpmyadmin, setup a few options (site name, ...), do a bit of
maintenance and i have a fresh t3 install just as i want it

everything works great and it's a really fast way to deploy, the only
problem i have is with the reference index. In the 'About Modules' i get
the warning:/
/

    /The Reference Index table is empty which is likely the result of a
    recent TYPO3 upgrade. The Reference Index was last updated on
    28-12-10 02:29. Please go to Tools>DB Check and update the reference

When i go to the Tools>DBcheck and update the reference index it seems
there is a reference index:

    /Reference Index being Updated/
    /1113 records from 21 tables were checked/updated./
    /Index Integrity was perfect!/

I've tried everything i found in this mailinglist and on the web to sort
this out but nothing works, i keep on getting the 'empty reference
index' message, compared the DB, re-imported static tables, cleaned
caches, removed temporary files

how bad is this prblem, and how can i solve this ?