[TYPO3-english] Instructions for migrating site from webhost to VMware (Mac) Ubuntu ...

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Mon Dec 27 13:13:05 CET 2010

Hello,

Christoph Stadler wrote:
> > If you try the same with an original package from typo3, it won't work.
> > No way with imagemagick and Co.
>
> i'm not sure what you mean by this, Imagemagick is working flawlessly
> i do not instal typo3 over the Software Center (since it only has an old
> version in there) but by downloading the latest stable release from
> typo3.org
>
> i am running 4.4.5 installed with the source+dummy from typo3.org
> without any problems

Ok - may be ubuntu improved the packages even more - I don't know.

I tried the same on current debian system (with several versions from 4.4.4 to
4.5beta2) and only the official debian packages works with imagemagick.
The packages from typo3.org complain, that there is no imagemagick installed
(checked configuration value by value several times).

cheers Geronimo