[TYPO3-english] wec_map and german umlauts

Janosch Skrobek janosch at bworx.de
Tue Dec 21 22:10:15 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing trouble with wec_map and german umlauts. Those fe_users
from i.e. Köln are not being shown. I tried the latest version as well as an
older version with the following patch:

http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/issues/1588

Both ways didn’t work. As soon as I rename the city to “koeln” the user
shows up on the map. Maybe I need to perform some kind of change on the DB?
The rest of the site works just fine (also the umlauts)
 Is there anything
else I might be missing? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Janosch