[TYPO3-english] looping login to back end

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Tue Dec 21 08:25:39 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:11:44 +0100, Vanessa Liston wrote:

> The login to the backend keeps showing even though I am sure the log in
> is correct.
First try a different browser. If that does not work, please check your
session handling settings in php.ini.

I had that problem once when I messed up my session handling which made
it forgot the session directly, thus showing the login page directly
again.

> I am using version typo3_src-4.4.5
> For user do I use admin and my own password. Or do I user the DB user
> and passwords as shown on the localconfig file? Whichever combination it
> still doesn't work.
The user and password in typo3conf/localconf.php is your Database user.
It has nothing to do with your backend.

You can use the Install Tool to create a new admin user.

BTW, you can check whether you are logged in successfully by adding an
email address at admin warning address (Install Tool-->All configuration)
and setting the warning level to every time an admin user logs in.

Best regards
Phil