[TYPO3-english] Extensions which potentially violate GPL

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Wed Dec 15 11:46:25 CET 2010

Hello Community,

recently there was a discussion on typo3.german concerning the license of
extensions on TER.

The "Terms of use for the TER" are pretty strait forward:
> By registering an extension key you accept that all content uploaded to
TER (TYPO3 Extension Repository) matches these terms
> 1) Published under the GPL license or GPL compatible
> 2) You hold the copyright of the code or do not infringe the rights of
others (meaning that work from others must be under GPL or GPL compatible
already!)

Unfortunately some extensions contain content that might violate GPL.

While discussing possible workarounds/solutions, we agreed that the first
step must be a list of all problematic extension.

Therefore, it would be nice of everyone who knows a problematic
extensions could add them to the wiki at:
http://wiki.typo3.org/
Overview_Extension_manuals#Extensions_which_potentially_violate_the_GPL

Further actions are still to be discussion and potentially won't happen
this year any more. (TYPO3 4.5 is approaching and consumes most time.)

If you want to reread the german discussion: the Thread is "Extensions
und Lizenzen" started at Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:38:56 +0200.

Best regards
Phil