[TYPO3-english] dataWrap returns only LLL strings of default language

Lukas Stancik webmaster at robe.cz
Mon Dec 13 23:38:16 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask you kindly for a bit of help. I'm trying to output a
simple text in FE depending on the language selected using this code:

20 = TEXT
20 {
  field = title
  dataWrap = {LLL:fileadmin/translations.xml:labelTitle}:|
}

the translations.xml file content is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<T3locallang>
		<description>language labels</description>
		<type>database</type>
	<data type="array">
		<languageKey index="default" type="array">
			<label index="labelTitle">label in default language</label>
		</languageKey>
		<languageKey index="ru" type="array">
			<label index="labelTitle">label in Russian language</label>
		</languageKey>
	</data>
</T3locallang>

The problem is that even if the Russian language is selected [GP:L value
is set to 5 which is Russian in my case] the dataWrap outputs the label
string of the "default" language. Is there something wrong with the
code? I'm unable to see something obvious maybe after such an amount of
time I've been dealing with it.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Best Regards,
Lukas Stancik