[TYPO3-english] User Settings - EMail Signature

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Dec 13 10:46:28 CET 2010

Hi GYA (please use your real name!),

> For a new client, I'm looking to add functionality, whereby a user can enter
> an Email-Signature (I'm thinking in User Settings) ideally with a
> Rich-Text/WYSISWIG editor.
Sending mails usually depends on Extensions and they handle all content
of the sent emails. Therefore, you have to look at the extension, you're
using for sending emails out of TYPO3 (e.g. on user registration).

Such extensions usually allow to customize email texts. If you need a
custom per-user signature, you might have to extend the extension by a)
somewhere adding a field in the backend (e.g. in the User Settings) and
b) add this field's content to outgoing mails.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert