[TYPO3-english] handling of empty pages

Mario Sargac sargac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:52:28 CET 2010

Dear list,

There is a general TS at root level, like this:
--------------------------
# Default PAGE object
page = PAGE
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page
--------------------------

There are 3-4 levels of pages, and many of them are empty; with no
content on them -- so I was thinking of implementing a condition in TS
to (1) redirect a page to a first child page with some content on it, or
to (2) display a dummy text like "The content is yet to come." if the
page doesn't have a child and is empty.

I did much experimenting with "ifEmpty" and "required", but nothing has
triggered a desired condition, so I kindly turned to the list for
anybody to help me out with this one.

Best,
Mario