[TYPO3-english] templavoila: get data of parent section

Sören Kracker s.kracker at kopfstand-mail.de
Tue Dec 7 14:49:29 CET 2010

Hi,

I've got following setting: A FCE with sections. In each section there
is another section that's used for date entries.
I've got a typoscript for the date field of the nested section to
convert the timestamp into the language specific form of date to
display. In this typoscript I need to access a field of the parent section.
Of course I tried this: 10.data = REGISTER:tx_templavoila_pi1.field_abc
But I have no access to that field. Using parentRec I have only access
to the database but not the flexform values.

In a php script I could read the tx_templavoila_flex field of the
database, where the content of the field is saved, and parse it to get
my field but in that case I'll get the same problem because I have no
access to the parent section. So I won't be able to say if it's the
value of parent section 1,2,3 or whatever.

Is there any possibility doing this? If there's not I'll have to make an
extension though I've almost done this part without using an extension
or userfunc :(

Greetings

kopfstand GbR _ Bleichstraße 77A _ 33607 Bielefeld
fon +49 (0) 521 . 923 77 912 _ fax +49 (0) 521 . 923 77 910 _
_s.kracker at kopfstand-mail.de_
Geschäftsführerinnen: Dipl. Designerin Veronika Düpjohann _ Dipl.
Betriebswirtin Kerstin Hochmüller