[TYPO3-english] override title of menue-entries with accesskey

Santiago santi013 at arcor.de
Tue Dec 7 06:44:04 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

thank you for your time and attention.

As far as I understand your sample, it will replace the title-tag only.
May be I was not clear enuf explaining what I wonna do.

Enabling the accessKey of a TMENU will create title entries like " (ALT+A)".
On recent firefox, you'll need to enter Alt+Shift+A to activate the accesskey.
On opera you'll need to enter Shift+Esc to enter accesskey-mode and then A for
the accessKey- so I like to change the title attribute to the real key
sequence, like " (ALT+SHIFT+A)" or " (SHIFT+ESC and then A)". Finally that new
title entries should be localized.

But to be able to do so, I not only need to know, how to change the title
attribute, but also how to access the generated accesskey of each menue-item.

I found out, that the title-part of the accesskey is hard coded at
class.tslib_menu in function accessKey($title)

So what I really need to know:
- can I access that $result['alt'] from TS
- if not - can I override class.tslib_menu->accessKey (and if so, how)
- do I have to patch class.tslib_menu->accessKey

The localization-support of T3 for extension developers is great, so I think,
I would prefer to override class.tslib_menu->accesskey from PHP.
... or is there a similar way doing localization with TS?

kind regards

Santi