[TYPO3-english] wfqbe (DB integration): Query field empty when using ext. DB

gukdmal gukdmal at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:19:23 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm new to this list, an "advanced beginner" on Typo3, but with
some experience in HTML, PHP, MySQL.

I have to include an external DB into a T3 project, so wfqbe seems the
perfect fit. I got it installed, included the template, and the
example with the internal T3 databases works, including the query wizard.

If I include an external DB (on localhost) I can start the query wizard,
select a DB table (so the DB connection is OK, user credentials seem to work),
construct a query but if I save it and exit, the query field is - empty.
The wizard itself works, all fields are shown, but nothing is stored.

If I preview the results page, I also get a connection failed error.
But I can view the DB in Typo3 - DB structure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Gerry