[TYPO3-english] Feature request how to ad one?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 31 14:29:42 CEST 2010

Hi!

Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:
> My impression is that almost all features are initiated by their
> developers. Most feature requests without an actual implementation are
> rejected ("Where's your patch?").

It happens when people write something like "why it is still not
implemented?" or "why nobody does that?". It is quite simple: developers
have their own priorities but if they they like the idea or their employer
likes the idea, they can pick it up and implement.

> You're right that it could be that someone develops a feature request he
> finds in the BT, but I think that's quite rare.

I do not have any statistics but from time to time I add feature ideas or
bug reports to the BT when I have no time to work on them. It often happens
that weeks, months or years later I see those entries and do work on them.

One of reasons for having the bug tracker is to keep ideas that otherwise
would be forgotten.

We also have Friday bug days when people can pick up entries and work on
them. If somebody finds something really cool, why not implement it during
the bug day? :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member