[TYPO3-english] debugging to file

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Aug 29 18:34:17 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Lina Wolf <liste at linawolf.de>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 29. August 2010 17:26:32
An:         typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english]  debugging to file
> Hello,
>
> Debuging an extension using t3lib_div::debug always causes some not so
> nice output and a possible security issue on life systems. But some
> times errors are not so easy to reproduce on a test system.
>
> Is there a good way to debug to a file but using the nice formating of
> t3lib_div::debug?
>
> Greetings Lina

Hi Lina,

For your purposes you can open a file by php and write to it with
view_array.
For in-time debugging you need an IDE like eclipse with the option to
set breakepoints.
The debugging-functions in TYPO3 are only text-debuggers, without any
approach to debug functions.

Currently I'm rewriting debug and view_array and so I'd like to know
details why
1) "t3lib_div::debug always causes some not so nice output"
    How do you mean that exactly?
2) possible security issue on life systems.
    How do you mean that exactly?

Best Regards,
David