[TYPO3-english] Problems with multilanguage sitemaps

Kristian Domke news at neither-nor.net
Fri Aug 27 12:02:54 CEST 2010

Hello group,

I have the (in my oppinion) quite standard setup of a multi language
single tree page. 2 languages in this case.

On one page we want to have a menu of the sections on the page. So I
inserted a CE sitemap and selected the appropriate type (3 in this case)

But it does not work. The page is some kind of Glossary, each letter a
CE. But aturally some letters are only used in one language, some only
in the other. So there is not a CE for every letter in every language.

This is no problem, if the letter is used in the default language 0. It
is a problem though, if a letter is only used in the secondary language.
Then the CE is not shown in the menu.

I tried different solutions. Linking the two letters, leaving the alone,
disabling the 'index' field of the entry of language 0, but then it
disapperars again in language 1 etc.

Is there a way to make this work?

BTW language configuration for the site:

config{
   sys_language_mode = content_fallback
   sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated
}

Any ideas?

Kristian.