[TYPO3-english] RTEHTMLarea 1.8.9 with T4.3.3 // internal links have full domain and look like external links ... :-(

Maria van der Laan mavala at lycos.nl
Wed Aug 25 09:59:28 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with RTEHTMLarea 1.8.9

When I generate a link to an internal page it looks like:
Startseite</a>
but I would like it to be:

When I generate an external link in rte it looks like:
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.cnn.com/">Externer Link zu CNN</a>
which I think is correct so ...

Now my questions are the following:

  - How can I prevent absolute links with full domain for internal links
(see above) ?
    Imagine you have a dev and live server.
    Creating links on dev server with full domain is problem when
publishing the content to live server with different domain.
    You will always get wrong/dead links.

  - Why is linkhandling in v1.8.9 completely different than in other
versions?

  - Why does RTEHTMLarea not use typolink, which IMHO would prevent my
problem ... ?

You see, many unanswered questions, I wish to be enlightened by the
community.
:-)

Any suggestions/hints/ideas are highly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks