[TYPO3-english] tt_news links_stdWrap.wrap problem

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 22 12:22:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 22-8-2010 11:47, Michael Albers wrote:
> what? The starting <b> is missing.

This made me think that there is something wrong with tt_news in this
regard, so I looked in the source code.

The current code has the following behaviour:
- if the 'links' field is filled and (TEXT_LINKS or NEWS_LINKS is used
as a marker):
1. split links_stdWrap.wrap on the '|'
2. format the links using TypoScript (TS) linksItem_stdWrap
3. replace the marker ###TEXT_LINKS### with the first part of
links_stdWrap.wrap + the localized label "textLinks" formatted with TS
linksHeader_stdWrap
4. replace the marker ###NEWS_LINKS### with the formatted links + the
last part of links_stdWrap.wrap

I suspect that you don't use the marker ###TEXT_LINKS### in your
template. This will not only remove the header, but also the opening
part of links_stdWrap.wrap.

To fix it you could put the ###TEXT_LINKS### marker back (before
###NEWS_LINKS### and empty the contents of that marker:
linksHeader_stdWrap >
_LOCAL_LANG.default.textLinks =
# also empty label for Dutch (expand for other languages you need)
_LOCAL_LANG.nl.textLinks =

The way this is handled in the code is rather strange, but I think it
will be hard to find a solution which is also backwards compatible.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert