[TYPO3-english] migrating T3 4.4

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Aug 20 19:16:09 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:00:36 -0700 schrieb Douglas La Farge:

> I work for a company that has done (now) dozens of sites developed in
> Typo3. Up until now we've been using 4.2.
>
> Typically what we do is take an existing site and migrate it to a new
> server.  We don't just take the site but rather the entire Virtual
> (Server) Environment (VE).
>
> We just did this with a 4.4 install and I'm finding that it "isn't
> working".
>
> I'm getting this error:
> Safari can’t open the page “http://somedomain.com/typo3/index.php”
> because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes
> occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try
> again."

what is your server doing?
I know about installation where the server was very busy logging, whixch
costs a lot of CPU-time but more harddisk-memory. And appanding to a 3GB-
file can be very slow!
especially in newer TYPO3-versions: the depreciated-log may keep the
server busy.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html