[TYPO3-english] direct_mail + multilanguage?

horace grant horace3d at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:37:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Tim Wendisch <t.wendisch at rothfeld.de> wrote:
> Hi Horace,
> We do newsletter sending with direct_mail in two languages too, and it works fine. The way we do it:
>
> Create a site, and a normal langage translation (alternative page language). You chose the page which should be send in the navigation menu (choose "Internal Pages").
> In step 2  you can edit the options of the page to be send. There is the point "Parameters, HTML:". Here xou can use the standart typo3 language variable. For me it looks as follow:
>
> - we use L as language parameter.
> in the field "Parameter, HTML" we insert:
>
> - " " (blank) for an English Newsletter (default language)
>
> - "&L=1" for a German Newsletter (Language in Typo3 registerred as L=1)
>

> So we can decide which issue of the same page we want to send. For the registration we use direct_mail_subscription, but this is not important. The main part is that you need two sysfolders/Groups/Lists, seperated by language.

that's interesting! i use the mm_forum user registration.
unfortunately it seems to be impossible to use two separate user
sysfolders folders with it.

my current plan is to add another custom fe_user field
newsletter_language and then generate the recipient list with a query.
i hope it will work. i haven't tried yet.

thanks for your input!

i still have no answers for my other questions... :)

does the "special query" recipient list update automatically if new
users register or
do i have to create a new one each time?

does the "special query" recipient list automatically take the
"activate newsletter" field into account or do i have to specify it
myself in the query?

and:

cheers, horace