[TYPO3-english] Updating extensions manually

Gulay Boris boris at boressoft.ru
Fri Aug 20 14:17:29 CEST 2010

Updating extensions (in extension manager) takes long time. I'm using
TYPO3 on nginx with PHP as throw FastCGI. Nginx has hardcoded limit on
maximum execution time of CGI script - 90 seconds. I can make it less in
config but cannot make ot larger. 90 seconds on my system is not enought to
update extension database.

Q1: It it OK for extension manager to update database for more than 90
seconds?

Q2: Can I update extension database from command line (using TYPO3 cli
dispatcher)?