[TYPO3-english] migrating T3 4.4

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Fri Aug 20 08:19:56 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Douglas La Farge <doug at gcnpublishing.com>
Gesendet:   Freitag, 20. August 2010 07:00:36
An:         TYPO3 English <typo3-english at lists.typo3.org>
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english] migrating T3 4.4
> Does Typo3 4.4 have the server IP address configured somewhere?  is there another setting that needs to get wiped clean for Typo3 to run happily under a new IP address? Other ideas that might keep this from running?

Sure, every IP- and Domain-dependet settings like cookie-domain,
baseUrl, database, etc.
Most of these settings are in localconf.php (install-tool) or in the
main-template (database).
Don't forget to look inside all .htaccess-files.
Some Template-related settings you can make perhaps in the config-editor.

I had several those cases but didn't made a checklist.
Also I don't know much about some special configurations like combined
http/https-protocol, openId, etc.
In Login-specific or other special Cases some settings may be set inside
the extensions enviroment (ext.manager->info, templates, seldom in some
files perhaps).

Nevertheless I got the installations always running.

Good Luck ;)
Greets,
David