[TYPO3-english] migrating T3 4.4

Douglas La Farge doug at gcnpublishing.com
Fri Aug 20 07:00:36 CEST 2010

I work for a company that has done (now) dozens of sites developed in Typo3. Up until now we've been using 4.2.

Typically what we do is take an existing site and migrate it to a new server.  We don't just take the site but rather the entire Virtual (Server) Environment (VE).

We just did this with a 4.4 install and I'm finding that it "isn't working".

I'm getting this error:
Safari can’t open the page “http://somedomain.com/typo3/index.php” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again."

Now I've uploaded a simple index.html file to that server and it responds just fine so there is nothing apparently wrong with apache.  So I'm suspecting that typo3 4.4 has a configuration or setting somewhere that is causing this error.  I've gone through localconf.php but don't see anything in there that is suspect.   I've also wiped away the temp_* files.

Does Typo3 4.4 have the server IP address configured somewhere?  is there another setting that needs to get wiped clean for Typo3 to run happily under a new IP address? Other ideas that might keep this from running?

regards,
doug